- Deep breathing or breathing exercises. With this method you consciously pay attention to your breathing. Begin by slowing your breathing and focusing on taking regular, deep breaths.
- Guided imagery method. With this method, you focus on pleasant images in place of the stressful or negative feelings.
- Progressive relaxation or Jacobson’s progressive relaxation method. Here you focus on tightening and relaxing each muscle group.
- Aromatherapy, which is a process where you use essential oils to promote relaxation.
- Meditation, which is a technique where the mind stops focusing on stress and instead focuses inward towards calmness.
- Emotional freedom technique. With this form of therapy you locate and tap pressure points located on your body.